Ambrela Development Forum 2023
Ambrela Development Forum (ADF) – Crisis Response and Beyond, organized by the Slovak Platform for Development Organizations – Ambrela is set to take place in Bratislava, Slovakia on 8th November 2023
In light of the ongoing humanitarian challenges gripping the world, this one-day international conference will bring together up to 200 international development experts from twenty countries. The event aims to dissect the effects of ongoing crises both within and beyond Europe through eight high-level panels and in-depth discussions.
Under the esteemed patronage of Zuzana Čaputová, President of the Slovak Republic, and in cooperation with the Slovak Ministry of Foreign And European Affairs, the ADF will host influential speakers and experts, including Oskar Chmiel from CASE – Center for Social and Economic Research, Poland.
This forum is not just a space for dialogue; it is a call to action. Together, it will bridge communities, connect practitioners, and foster collaborations between Central and Eastern European actors, Ukraine, partner countries, the European Commission, and international organizations.
Eight panel discussions and deep talks on Crisis Response and Beyond:
1. Ukraine's reconstruction and space for civil society: not just service delivery but ability to influence policies
2. The surge of disinformation and erosion of liberal democracies: exploring the contribution of global education
3. Climate change and food crisis in the context of Horn of Africa
4. DEVELOPMENT FINANCE: DONOR FATIGUE & IN-DONOR REFUGEE COSTS – CAUSALITIES AND CORRELATIONS
• Marek Janiga (CARITAS SK)
• Oskar Chmiel (CASE)
• Nerea Cravioto (EURODAD)
5. Supporting Ukraine: What can CEE actors bring?
6. Human development and inequalities in light of midterm reviewMFF: Investing in a better world
7. Unlocking efficiency: flexible & innovative humanitarian funding.
8. Russia's war in Ukraine: protracted crisis, localisation and challenges of principled humanitarian action
For more details about the event agenda and speakers, please visit the website: developmentforum.ambrela.org