CASE poszukuje Senior Fiscal Economist
CASE is a fast-paced think-tank comprised of economists, business development experts and communications professionals. We are now looking to recruit an outstanding full-time Warsaw-based Senior Fiscal Economist to join our research team.
- Work on research-based initiatives in line with CASE strategic priorities. The successful candidate will take part in research projects, evaluations and impact assessments within fiscal policy thematic area. The team's work covers a wide range of topics, in this estimation of tax gaps; economics of VAT, excise taxation and direct taxes;
- Manage and deliver complex projects to quality, cost, and time standards;
- Present results of team’s work in seminars, conferences, workshops, and client meetings;
- Quality control of the work of junior team members;
- Expand project opportunities via the preparation of proposals and networking with various donors and clients.
Skills and Experience:
Education: MA in Economics or equivalent + at least 6 years of working experience in research, in academia, public or private sectors.
CASE is open to various profiles of candidates, including economists, statisticians, and evaluation experts with profound knowledge of fiscal policy issues. For this role, the following competencies will be an asset:
- Strong background in quantitative methods in economics; familiarity with econometric modeling, macroeconomic and microsimulation models, and tax gap estimation techniques,
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of and experience with major statistical and database packages, and/or numerical optimization software (STATA, R, Python, Matlab, and MS Excel or equivalent);
- Excellent command of English;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and in fast-paced teams;
- Public speaking skills;
- Problem-solving abilities and the ability to multi-task and work flexibly in a changing environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and team spirit.
- PhD, command of other languages, and familiarity with EU Better Regulation Guidelines would be an asset.
CASE pays a competitive salary and has a bonus scheme in place for its researchers. Initial appointments are usually fixed-term with a possible indefinite extension.
Candidates are requested to send their cover letter, CV, and two reference letters to email@example.com by 31st of March 2023.