economics in transition
- Senior Policy Expert, OGResearch, Prague (Feb 2012–present),
- Fellow & Consultant, CINDES-Center for Studies on Integration & Development, Rio de Janeiro (Apr 2010–present).
- CASE Fellow
- Adjunct Professor, Center for Eurasian, Russian, and East European Studies at Georgetown University, Washington, DC (Aug 2009–Nov 2011).
- International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC (1987-May 2009),
- Consultant at Ashenfelter & Ashmore, Princeton, NJ (1986-1987),
- Teaching Assistant at Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton, NJ (1985).
- "Building Monetary and Financial Systems", co-editor with Charles Enoch and Karl Habermeier IMF (2007),
- "Turkey: Moving Toward Full-Fledged Inflation Targeting", Building Monetary and Financial Systems, IMF (2007),
- "Growth Experience in Transition Countries, 1990-1998", co-author with Julian Berengaut et al, IMF Occasional Papers No 184 (1999),
- "Capital Inflows to the Baltic States, 1992-1996", in János Gács, Robert Holzmann, and Michael L. Wyzan (eds.) "The Mixed Blessing of Financial Inflows; Transition Countries in Comparative Perspective, IIASA (1999),
"Central Bank Independence—Issues and Experience", with Mark Swinburne, IMF Working Paper (1991).