Discussion „Post-war reforms: any chance for a civilizational leap?”
On behalf of CASE Ukraine, our partner think-tank based in Kyiv, we are pleased to invite you to a webinar about post-war reforms in Ukraine. The discussion will take place online on Tuesday, August 30th.
Discussion “Post-war reforms: any chance for a civilizational leap?”
The war is in a full swing, but Ukraine needs to think about how to organize its economic policy now and after the war. Ukrainians have repeatedly proven their ability to mobilize and efficiently cooperate for the sake of survival. However, when it comes to development and growth, many reforms begin to slow down.
The op-ed “What economy are we building?” authored by Yulia Svyrydenko, the First Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine, and published in “Ukrainska Pravda” in July attracted a lot of attention both in Ukraine and abroad. The principles described in the article can be a solid ground for a post-war recovery of Ukraine, which the Western partners declare to help with.
How steadfast are those Western partners’ intentions? Is the Ukrainian government ready to implement institutional reforms despite possible political consequences? What is the vision of the country’s leadership for the mechanisms of attracting private and public donor funds in the post-war period? Those and other relevant questions will be discussed during the webinar.
- Yulia Svyrydenko, First Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine and Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Dr Leszek Balcerowicz, Polish politician and economist, former Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of Poland
- Ivan Mikloš, ex-Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of Slovakia in 2002–2006 and 2010-2012
- Dr Anders Åslund, Swedish economist, Chairman of the CASE Advisory Council
- Prof. Dr. Christopher A. Hartwell, ZHAW School of Management and Law (Switzerland)
- Dr. Marek Dąbrowski, Bruegel, CASE Fellow
Moderator: Dmytro Boyarchuk, Executive Director CASE Ukraine
The event will be in an online format (Zoom). Also, the webinar will be broadcasted on the Facebook page «Price of the State».
The discussion is organized by Center for social and economic research – CASE Ukraine and online media Ekonomichna pravda
The discussion is going to be translated simultaneously.