CASE is seeking a new member of the CASE Management Board
CASE – Center for Social and Economic Research is an independent, non-profit institute founded on the idea that research-based policy-making is vital for the economic welfare of societies. Established in Warsaw in 1991, CASE was ranked number one think tank in Central and Eastern Europe in the University of Pennsylvania Global Go To Think Tank Index Report for 2016. CASE’s mission is to provide objective economic analysis and to support the design of systemic changes and reforms in countries facing the challenges of economic transformation. CASE’s interdisciplinary international teams of experts carry out policy-oriented research and development assistance projects in Europe, Asia, and Africa, concentrating in the areas of growth and trade, fiscal policy, labor and social policy, demography, innovation, energy and climate.
CASE is seeking a new member of the CASE Management Board.
Essential responsibilities in this position include:
- Managing the organization, with the overall responsibility (together with other Board members) for the human and financial resources of CASE,
- Sharing responsibility for the creation of CASE development strategy and identification of the most important new directions of research and consultancy
- Acquiring new research projects and searching for new research opportunities
- Building relations with a broad number of stakeholders, including donor organizations, public and private sector institutions, non-governmental organizations, think-tanks, universities, media and other partners
- Overseeing the quality of expert work provided by the CASE team
- Providing expertise in selected projects
- Representing CASE in the public eye (in international forums, the media, external conferences and meetings) and to donors
Qualifications of the candidate:
- PhD in Economics
- Policy-relevant publications (policy papers, research papers, scientific publications) in the area of economic and policy-oriented research
- At least 10 years of research and/or consultancy experience,
- At least 3 years of experience in management of institutions or research teams consisting of at least 10 persons,
- Management and participation in international, donor-funded projects (experience in EU-funded projects desirable),
- Working in a diverse and international environment, especially in Central and Eastern Europe, and among policy makers
Skills and abilities:
- Complete fluency in English (both written and spoken) and working proficiency in at least one Central or East European language
- Proficiency with MS Office and other relevant programs (statistical software desirable)
- Excellent communication and information skills
- Teambuilding skills
- Skill in inspiring, motivating and engaging others in undertaking common tasks
Candidates are requested to send their motivation letter, CV containing publication list and two reference letters to Jobs@case-research.eu by December 15th 2017.
Successful candidate is expected to start work on February 1st 2018.