MISHA V. BELKINDAS
- development economics
- CASE Fellow,
- Chair International Advisory Panel on Statistical Education, Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russian Federation,
- Elected member of the International Statistical Institute,
- Co-founder and Managing Director of Open Data Watch.
- Senior Advisor/Consultant, Development Data Group, The World Bank, (Nov 2010-Jun 2012),
- Fellow, Royal Statistical Society (Nov 2012-Jun 2013),
- Senior Advisor/Consultant, PROGNOZ Inc., a software development and consulting company (Jan 2011-Jun 2013),
- Consultant, Statistics Department, African Development Bank, (Sep 2011-Dec 2011),
- Manager, Development Data Group, The World Bank, (Jul 2004-Nov 2010),
- Cluster Leader, Statistical Capacity Building and Macro and Financial Data Clusters, Development Data Group, The World Bank, (Aug 2003–Jul 2004),
- Team Leader, Technical Assistance in Statistics Team, Development Data Group, The World Bank. (Jan 1999–Aug 2003),
- Senior Statistician, Statistical Advisory Services, Development Data Group, The World Bank (Mar 1996-Jan 1999).
- “Increasing demands in the era of shrinking budgets” Paper prepared for the 58th session of the International Statistical Institute, Dublin, 2011
- “China’s Statistical System: Achievement and Opportunities; A Strategic Approach to Reform” The World Bank ; 2011 (Co-authored with Datuk R. Chander and Xiaofan Liu)
- “Statistical Capacity Development Worldwide in the Last Two Decades” Paper prepared for the Research Council of the Institute of Economics and Forecasting of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, on the occasion of awarding the degree of Honorary Doctor; November, 2010
- “Investing in Statistical Capacity in Developing Countries” Paper prepared for the 56th session of the International Statistical Institute, Lisbon, 2007 (co-authored with Shaida Badiee)
- “Better Data for Better Results: An Action Plan for Improving Development Statistics”, Paper prepared for the Second International Roundtable on Managing for Development Results held in Marrakech, February 4-5, 2004 (co-authored with staff of the Development Data Group, World Bank)
- “Material Product System” in Encyclopedia of Russian History, Macmillan Reference USA, 2003
- “Net Material Product” in Encyclopedia of Russian History, Macmillan Reference USA, 2003
- “Strengthening Statistical Systems” in A Sourcebook for Poverty Reduction Strategies, World Bank , 2002 (co-authored with B. Achikbache, M. Dinc, G. Eele and E. Swanson)
- “Building Statistical Capacity for Poverty Reduction” in A Sourcebook for Poverty Reduction Strategies, World Bank , Draft of April 2000 (co-authored with B. Achikbache, M. Dinc, O. Ivanova, C. Patel and E. Swanson)
- “Statistical Systems Need Overhaul in Transitional Economies” in Transition, World Bank, August, 1999, (Co-authored with Mustafa Dinc and Olga Ivanova)
- "Data for Policy: Collection, Estimation and Dissemination." Paper presented at the 30th
- AAASS Conference, September 1998, Manuscript, (Co-authored with Mustafa Dinc).
- Lithuania: Report on the National Accounts. Lithuanian Department of Statistics., May 1998 (Co-editor with Olga V. Ivanova)
- "Transitional Problems of Statistical Systems." Presentation for 29th AAASS Conference, November 1997, Manuscript.
- Kazakhstan: Report on the National Accounts. The World Bank, Washington D.C., 1997 (Co-editor with Olga V. Ivanova).
- Statistical Handbook: States of the Former USSR. The World Bank, Washington D.C., 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 (Contributor).