CASE is seeking a Fiscal Economist/Senior Economist
CASE is a fast-paced think-tank comprised of economists, business development experts and communications professionals. We are now looking to recruit an outstanding Fiscal Economist/Senior Economist to join our research team.
- Work on research-based initiatives in line with CASE strategic priorities. The successful candidate will be expected to take a role in research projects, evaluation and impact assessments within fiscal policy thematic area. The team’s work covers a wide range of subjects, in this VAT, excise taxation, direct taxes and fiscal federalism issues;
- Expand project opportunities via the preparation of proposals and networking with various donors;
- Manage and deliver complex projects to quality, cost, and time standards;
- Quality control of applications and budget;
- Assist project teams during the conceptualization and execution of different research projects, including data analysis, statistical and econometric interpretation, drafting of analytical papers, etc.;
- Support the research and business development teams in writing research proposals;
- Provide help in the conceptualization and implementation of a new database and modeling capacity.
Skills and Experience: Education: MA in Economics or equivalent + 2 years of working experience in research, in academia, public or private sectors;
CASE is open to various profiles of candidates including economists, statistical experts and evaluation experts with a very good knowledge of fiscal policy issues. For this role, the following competencies will be an asset:
- Good knowledge of quantitative methods of research in economics;
- Good knowledge of EU Better Regulation Guidelines,
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of and experience with major statistical and database packages (STATA, SPSS, Matlab, Gempack, GAMS and MS Excel or equivalent);
- Macroeconomic and econometric modeling,;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and in fast-paced teams;
- Public speaking skills;
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to multi-task and work flexibly in a changing environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit.
CASE is offering two-year fixed-term appointment with a possibility of renewal, pays a competitive salary and has a bonus scheme in place for its researchers. (+health insurance, +Multisport). We welcome applications from PhD students.
Candidates are requested to send their cover letter, CV and two reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15th 2018.