CASE Internship Program – Research Intern
CASE Internship Program - Research Internship
We are looking for an intern to support the work of CASE's economic team.
Flexible working hours: approx. 30 hours per week
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00
Starting date: Autumn 2015
Duties and responsibilities:
- provide assistance to project teams during the conceptualization and execution of different research projects, including data analysis, statistical and econometric interpretation, drafting of analytical papers, providing literature reviews, case studies, summaries etc.;
- support the research team and application team to write research proposals;
- provide help in the conceptualization and implementation of a new database and modeling systems for CASE.
- education: BA in Economics, involvement in scientific research projects related to economics is desirable but not compulsory;
- excellent command of written and spoken English, knowledge of Polish would be an advantage;
- background in data gathering, data processing, statistical analysis and econometrics;
- familiarity with micro- and macroeconomic modeling;
- advanced computer skills, literacy in MS Excel, knowledge of and experience with major statistical and database packages: STATA, SPSS, E-views and MS Excel or equivalent is desirable but not compulsory;
- ability to work with tight deadlines and in fact-paced teams;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work flexibly and cooperatively, strong team spirit.
In order to apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter (in English) describing how your experience would benefit the position. Applications should be sent to email@example.com (Please indicate "Research Internship" and your name in the subject line).
The internship is paid. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.